Careers at SHPE Foundation
Job Title: Program Assistant
Department: SHPE Foundation
Reports To: Foundation Program Manager
Status: Temp to Perm, non-exempt, full-time employee
Location: Washington, DC
The Program Assistant will provide administrative support for the current portfolio of the SHPE Foundation’s programs and grants. S/he will also conduct outreach and build relationships with SHPE Chapter members to encourage them to participate in the funding opportunities made available through the Foundation. This position will report to the Program Manager and will serve in a support role for the Foundation team as needed.
The SHPE Foundation seeks a candidate with a strong commitment to teamwork and a willingness to quickly transition between tasks as needed. Interpersonal, written and oral communication skills are a must, as are an impeccable attention to detail and an organized approach to work. Most importantly, the candidate will have an optimistic, positive attitude, openness to learning new skills and professional development opportunities, and the ability to succeed in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Flexibility is key.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Provide administrative support related to Foundation programs, grants, and contracts. General duties may include scanning, filing, photocopying, preparing materials for shipments, assembling supplies and materials for grant activities, and email and phone communications to SHPE Chapters, external partners, and vendors.
- Assist with scanning, filing, and organizing SHPE Foundation for the SHPE Foundation Scholarship and SHPE Jr. Chapter Programs.
- Provide administrative support to the Program Manager related to existing contracts as well as upcoming grant opportunities.
- Support the Foundation team with maintenance of its task timelines via cloud-based project management system.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings with external stakeholders (consultants, donors, partner organizations).
- Maintain inventory of SHPE Foundation supplies, materials, and files and assist with document retention efforts.
- Create, proofread, and edit program materials in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Publisher.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution preferred
- 2-3 years administrative work experience
- Exceptional communication, technological, and interpersonal skills are required
- Demonstrated skill in working both independently and in a team setting, prioritization of tasks, contributing to a productive work environment, and following through on duties as assigned
- Nonprofit experience a plus
Primarily, work will be conducted in a normal office environment in the SHPE Foundation’s Washington, D.C. headquarters located in Alexandria, Virginia. Periodic travel may be required.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply on the SHPE Foundation's LinkedIn page here.