SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION DEADLINE: Postmarked by May 1.
Scholarship recipients will be notified in mid-August. In order to best serve our students, please do not contact the office until late August if you have not received notice of your application status.
- Complete the online scholarship application.
- Print a copy of the Scholarship Application Page, after you submit your application.
- Download the Scholarship Certification Form from the SHPE Foundation Web site.
- Mail the Scholarship Certification Form, Official Transcript, Resume, Letter of Advancement to Candidacy, Dissertation Abstract, Letter of Recommendation to SHPE Foundation postmarked by May 1.
Mail the application, official Transcript and résumé to:
THE SHPE Foundation, Inc.
P.O. Box 93577
City of Industry, CA 91715
Merit-based scholarships awarded, in the amount of $5,000 to doctoral candidates, who demonstrate both significant motivation and aptitude for a career in science, technology, engineering or mathematics and have completed All But Dissertation..
- Must be a SHPE member to apply (You can become a SHPE member before you apply for scholarship: High school students please click here. Undergraduate and Graduate students please click here)
- Hispanic - descent
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.50 on a 4.0 scale
- Must be a SHPE member to apply
- Have advanced to candidacy (i.e. passed all oral and written exams, proposal stages, and completed all required coursework and is making satisfactory progress on the dissertation)
- Must be currently enrolled as a doctoral candidate at an accredited university in the United States or Puerto Rico
- Must be pursuing a Ph.D. or Eng.D. in a science, technology, enginering or math-related field.
The SHPE Foundation Scholarship application includes all of the following:
- Online Scholarship Application Form
- Scholarship Certification Form
- Personal Statement (Which can be completed online as part of online application)
- Recommendation Letter
- Dissertation Abstract
- Official Statement of Advancement to Candidacy from the Graduate College/Department
The applicant must submit the application materials as a single, complete package postmarked by May 1. No materials will be accepted by fax or email.