SHPE Foundation SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION OPENS JANUARY 1, 2014.
Application deadline: May 1, 2014.
- Complete the online scholarship application.
- Print a copy of the Scholarship Application Page, after you submit your application (for your records).
- Download the Scholarship Certification Form from the SHPE Foundation Web site.
- Mail the Scholarship Certification Form, Official Transcript, Resume, Letter of Advancement to Candidacy, Dissertation Abstract, Letter of Recommendation to SHPE Foundation postmarked by May 1, 2014 to SHPE Foundationto:
1444 Duke St.
Alexandria, VA 22314
Merit-based scholarships awarded, in the amount of $5,000 to doctoral candidates, who demonstrate both significant motivation and aptitude for a career in science, technology, engineering or mathematics and have completed All But Dissertation..
- Must be a SHPE member to apply (You can become a SHPE member before you apply for scholarship. Graduate students please click here)
- Hispanic - descent (preferred)
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.50 on a 4.0 scale
- Must be a SHPE member to apply
- Have advanced to candidacy (i.e. passed all oral and written exams, proposal stages, and completed all required coursework and is making satisfactory progress on the dissertation)
- Must be currently enrolled as a doctoral candidate at an accredited university in the United States or Puerto Rico
- Must be pursuing a Ph.D. or Eng.D. in a science, technology, enginering or math-related field.
The SHPE Foundation Scholarship application includes all of the following:
- Online Scholarship Application Form
- Scholarship Certification Form
- Official Transcript
- Recommendation Letter
- Dissertation Abstract
- Official Statement of Advancement to Candidacy from the Graduate College/Department
The applicant must submit the application materials as a single, complete package postmarked by May 1, 2014. No materials will be accepted by fax or email.