The 2014-2015 SHPE Foundation Scholarship Application is closed.
- Complete the online scholarship application.
- Print a copy of the Scholarship Application Page, after you submit your application (for your records).
- Download the Scholarship Certification Form from the SHPE Foundation website.
- Mail the Scholarship Certification Form, Official Transcript, Resume and Letter of Recommendation to SHPE Foundation postmarked by May 1, 2014.
- Mail Scholarship Certification Form, Official Transcript, Resume and Letter Recommendation to(new address):
1765 Duke St.
Alexandria, VA 22314
Merit-based and need-based general scholarships are awarded, in the amount of $1,000 - $3,000, to qualified high school graduating seniors, undergraduate students, and graduate students who demonstrate both significant motivation and aptitude for a career in science, technology, engineering or mathematics.
- Must be a SHPE member to apply (You can become a SHPE member before you apply for scholarship: High school students please click here. Undergraduate and Graduate students please click here)
- Hispanic-descent (preferred)
- U.S. citizenship is not required.
- Be accepted into or attending an accredited 2-year or 4-year college or university in the United States or Puerto Rico.
- Be enrolled full-time (12 hrs undergraduate, 9 hrs graduate) during the academic year. High school graduating seniors must be graduating from an accredited U.S. high school with a diploma.
- Minimum GPA: 2.75 on a 4.0 for high school seniors and undergraduates; 3.00 on a 4.00 scale for graduate students.
- Major in science, technology, engineering, mathematics or a related field.
- Be pursuing your first bachelors, masters or doctoral degree. (Students pursuing a second bachelors, etc., are not eligible).
The SHPE Foundation Scholarship application includes all of the following:
- Online Scholarship Application Form
- Scholarship Certification Form
- Recommendation Letter
The applicant must submit the application materials as a single, complete package postmarked by May 1, 2014. No materials will be accepted by fax or email.