Shaw Industries - Academic Achievement and Diversity Scholarship
SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
The purpose of the Shaw Industries Achievement Scholarship is to honor and financially assist deserving female and/or minority students who are currently under-represented in enrollment at their University.
Scholarship Awards for Academic Year 2014-2015
Criteria for scholarship:
- Female and/or minority.
- Sophomore or junior pursuing one of the following engenieering degrees from an accredited four-year college/university: Industral Engineering, Industrial & Systems Engineering, Material Engineering or Polymer & Fiber Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Cumulative GPA 3.0 or higher
- Prefered locations: Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee.
- Required U.S. Citizenship
- Must be a SHPE member to apply
The Shaw Industries Achievement Scholarship application form helps us to understand how your skills and competencies match those we most want to foster.
- Complete the online scholarship application.
- Print a copy of the Scholarship Application Page, after you submit your application.
- Download the Scholarship Certification Form from the SHPE Foundation Web site.
- Mail the Scholarship Certification Form, Official Transcript, Resume and Letter of Recommendation to SHPE Foundation postmarked by May 1, 2014.
- Mail official Transcript and resume to:
THE SHPE Foundation, Inc.
1444 Duke St.
Alexandria, VA. 22314
All scholarships are merit based with the following considerations:
- Must be a SHPE member to apply (You can become a SHPE member before you apply for scholarship: Undergraduate students please click here)
- Minimum required GPA of 3.0, with high scholarship merit and potential
- Emphasis on underrepresented students
- Full-time enrollment as a student at a school in the following locations:Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina andTennessee. (NOTE: Shaw Industries currently has Scholarship Programs in place at the following schools, Georgia Institute of Technology, Southern Polytechnic State University, Mississippi State University, and University of Tennessee, Knoxville, if interested in a scholarship opportunity at these locations please refer to the school for more information.)
- Possess excellent leadership and communication skills
- Authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis without sponsorship (Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or a legal permanent resident)
Must be received by May 1, 2013.