THE APPLICATION PERIOD FOR THE 2013-2014 ACADEMIC YEAR OPENS ON JANUARY 1, 2013 and CLOSES MAY 1st 2013 postmarked.
The SHPE Foundation Scholarship Program is designed to enhance and achieve the potential of Latino students pursuing degrees in engineering, math and science. Merit-based and need-based scholarships are awarded, in the amount of $1,000 - $5,000, to deserving Latino/a high school graduating seniors, undergraduate students, and graduate students who demonstrate both significant motivation and aptitude for a career in science, technology, engineering or mathematics.
You have two options on how to access and complete the application. Only one complete application is necessary to be eligible for more than one scholarship, DO NOT COMPLETE MULTIPLE APPLICATIONS.
Eligibility requirements differ for each scholarship. However, scholarships require a minimum High School and Undergraduate 2.75 GPA Graduate 3.00 GPA Dissertation 3.50 GPA both at the time of application and throughout the scholarship period, and students must be registered full time (12 hrs undergraduate / 9 hrs graduate) in a science, technology, engineering, or math discipline. The students applying must be a SHPE members. High School Students to become a SHPE member please click here, Undergraduates and Graduates students please click here. Please refer back to this Web site for updated scholarship postings.
Applicants complete and submit only one SHPE Foundation Scholarship Program Application for all the scholarships. In general the application package includes:
- Application Form
- Scholarship Certification Form
- Personal Statement (completed through the online application)
- Recommendation Letter from a teacher or faculty
Additional documentation is required for the SHPE Foundation Dissertation Scholarship.
- Complete the online scholarship application.
- Print a copy of the Scholarship Application page, after you submit your application.
- Download the Scholarship Certification Form from the SHPE Foundation Web site.
- Mail the Scholarship Certification Form, Official Transcript, Personal Statement, Resume and Letter of Recommendation to SHPE Foundation postmarked by May 1st 2013 to:
THE SHPE Foundation, Inc.
General Scholarship 2013-2014
P.O. Box 93577
City of Industry, CA 91715
All application materials must be postmarked by May 1st 2013 No materials will be accepted by fax or email.
The following scholarships are currently available through the SHPE Foundation Scholarship Application. For more information on each scholarship, please visit the links:
- SHPE Foundation General Scholarships
- SHPE Foundation Dissertation Scholarships
- SHPE Foundation Professional Scholarship
- SHPE Foundation / Northrop Grumman Scholarships
- Purdue Krannert School of Management SHPE Scholarship
- SHPE Foundation / Cisco Scholarship
- SHPE Foundation / Shaw Industries Scholarship
- SHPE Foundation / Accenture Scholarship
- SHPE Foundation / Texas Instruments Scholarship